Ethos and Vision
“From the moment children join the early years, the school’s values of ‘dream, discover and flourish’ are interwoven in their day-to-day lives in all they do.” – Ofsted, November 2022
Dream. Discover. Flourish.
Our vision is that every child at TJLS will develop a love of learning and a thirst for knowledge and discovery, which will remain with them throughout their educational journey and into adult life.
Our engaging environment ignites curiosity and sparks imagination.
Our inclusive curriculum engages all children and delivers a wide choice of subjects which provide opportunities for new experiences, develops talent and enhances knowledge.
The curriculum provides the stepping stones to acquiring all the skills required to develop resilience, self-awareness and a positive mental attitude.
Start small, think BIG
- have dreams and goals for their own future
- be enthusiastic in their learning
- be prepared for life in Modern Britain
- be encouraged to have ambitions for themselves
- develop emotional wellbeing and resilience
- be well placed for future challenges
I can and I will
- learn something and discover something new every day
- be exposed to a curriculum where they can research, listen, discuss and question the expertise of the teacher
- develop the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in the modern world
- learn about specific values enabling them to succeed today and tomorrow
My potential is endless
- recognise the relationship between effort and achievement
- understand that effort and trying hard brings its own rewards
- take ownership of their learning and responsibility for their behaviour
- challenge themselves to reach the next level
- celebrate their successes – both academic and social